

**MINUTES OF MEETING  
REMINGTON  
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT**

The regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors of the Remington Community Development District was held on Tuesday, **December 19, 2023** at 6:00 p.m. at the Remington Recreation Center, 2651 Remington Boulevard, Kissimmee, Florida.

Present and constituting a quorum:

Kenneth Soukup	Chairman
Pam Zaresk	Vice Chair
Brian (Ken) Brown	Assistant Secretary
Tim Mehrlich	Assistant Secretary
David Jaisingh	Assistant Secretary

Also present:

Jason Showe	District Manager
Scott Clark <i>by phone</i>	District Counsel
Alan Scheerer	Field Manager
William McLeod <i>by phone</i>	DSI Security Services
Pete Glasscock	HWA

**FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS**

**Roll Call**

Mr. Soukup called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. and Mr. Showe called the roll. All Supervisors were present.

**SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS**

**Modifications to Agenda**

Mr. Showe: We have none.

**THIRD ORDER OF BUSINESS**

**Security Report from DSI Security Services**

Mr. Soukup: That brings us to the Security Report.

Mr. McLeod: Good evening, everybody. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there. I had a conflicting schedule. At the Partin Settlement Road gate, we had 6,226 residents and 1,036 visitors. At the E. Lakeshore Boulevard gate, we had 4,188 residents and 664 visitors. We issued 149

citations. We attempted to tow twice and had zero tows. We generated 507 reports in total, 173 were for the west of the community. We made 334 visits to 114 Westmoreland Circle and issued no citations at that residence.

Mr. Soukup: Okay. Are there any questions on the report? Okay. I appreciate the report.

**FOURTH ORDER OF BUSINESS**

**Public Comment Period**

Mr. Soukup: That brings us to the public comment period. No residents are present.

**FIFTH ORDER OF BUSINESS**

**Approval of Minutes of the November 28, 2023, Board of Supervisors Meeting**

Mr. Soukup: We'll move on to approval of the minutes from the November 28, 2023 meeting.

On MOTION by Ms. Zaresk seconded by Mr. Brown with all in favor the Minutes of the November 28, 2023 Board of Supervisors Meeting were approved as presented.

**SIXTH ORDER OF BUSINESS**

**Consideration of REW Landscaping Proposal**

Mr. Soukup: That brings us to consideration of REW landscaping proposal.

Mr. Scheerer: In your agenda package is a proposal from REW. As the Board's aware, this is for the buffer area next to Ms. Patrick's house in Water's Edge. She requested that all of the Oak trees be removed, the Palm trees remain and that she gets some decent looking landscaping in that buffer area. So REW put together a proposal. It includes Ligustrums, Magnolias, Crepe Myrtles, Formosa Azaleas, Pink Muhly Grass, which usually blooms around this time of year for about a month, some additional mulch and some irrigation enhancements, because we currently have no irrigation in that area. We'll have to run it from the existing irrigation zone between the sidewalk and curb, which they don't seem to think will be a problem. Then we have all the tree and removal work, which makes up a good portion of that \$4,500. The overall cost of the job is \$19,600 and there are some before and after photos after the estimate. I'm not trying to speak for the Board, but if this is something you wanted to do and budget for at a future date, we could come in and remove the Oak trees. Those seem to be the biggest issue for the owners on that corner. The cost to do that is about \$4,000. It's a day of tree work and then disposal.

Mr. Jaisingh: Okay. It seems like initially our issue was with debris from the trees getting on her house or on her property. Right? We are looking to put in four more trees that are 10 feet tall by 10 feet wide.

Mr. Scheerer: Are you talking about the Magnolias?

Mr. Soukup: The Ligustrums.

Mr. Scheerer: The Ligustrums are the round trees that you see down the Boulevard. They're not very big, but she also wants shape. She wants protection. So, we were trying to come up with a solution that would allow her to have some screening and shielding, because the initial conversation that we had with her, she flat out came out and said, "*Take it all out.*" I was like, "*We can do that. It's simple.*" But then she realized, "*I'm not going to have any privacy on that corner of my home.*" So, this is just a preliminary. This isn't anything we're expecting the Board to act on today. Any recommendations from this Board or suggestion from this Board, I'll be happy to take back to REW and have them modify this in whatever way, shape or form the Board would like. Magnolias can tend to get pretty big, but they're conifer shaped. They'll be more like this and they won't be branching out over her home, which seemed to be the bigger concern at the time. There appeared to be multiple concerns as we got further on in the project.

Mr. Mehrlich: They are wind resistant as well.

Mr. Scheerer: Yeah.

Mr. Jaisingh: These Magnolias, do they bloom?

Mr. Scheerer: Yeah, there used to be a white flower on them, periodically.

Mr. Jaisingh: It seems like there's an issue of debris falling on her property and on her roof.

Mr. Scheerer: Magnolias shouldn't fall on the roof. They're not going to be that tall.

Mr. Jaisingh: I'm just worried that we're putting in a lot of flowers and we might have an issue of who's maintaining our lawn.

Mr. Soukup: Well, I have a problem. We have entrances to individual neighborhoods that look like garbage compared to this and we're going to put a lot of money for one house. That's my own opinion.

Mr. Jaisingh: Right.

Mr. Brown: I was kind of the same way. I think we should look at what everything else looks like.

Mr. Jaisingh: What happened to trying to come up with the shrubberies that we have on the other entrances in the four corners? Because this seems a bit extravagant.

Mr. Scheerer: Well, she wanted something that looked really nice. That's what she requested. So that's what we did. We're not going to be able to put in the Viburnums. So, behind your entry walls, you have 30-year-old Viburnums that are 20 feet tall. We're not going to be able to put something in there that's that big.

Mr. Brown: Correct.

Mr. Scheerer: She wants something that's going to shield her home. We could do something very simplistic, like a Podocarpus or a small Viburnum hedge that will take a while for it to grow. Viburnum Grows quicker than Podocarpus, even though I think Podocarpus makes a nicer hedge when it's maintained. Her big issue with us was that she wanted those Oak trees out there. That was her big thing.

Mr. Jaisingh: Right. I would agree that we could remove the trees that are causing the issues, but the plants that are going in, I think it's a little bit too much. I was hoping for the taller shrubs that we have on the other side, the ones that grow about 6 feet and then you put another layer in the front. When they come in and do the annuals in the corner, they just drop a few on that side and we have a three tier.

Mr. Scheerer: We weren't planning on putting any annuals, because that's a recurring expense.

Mr. Jaisingh: Well, it's on the corner.

Mr. Scheerer: There are no annuals anywhere like that. The annuals are only at the entrances to the neighborhood.

Mr. Jaisingh: So, can we figure something out where we do shrubberies that come all the way around and go around the Palm trees that are being retained?

Mr. Scheerer: Yeah. I'll talk with REW about maybe putting in some more mature Viburnum and then maybe we can step down to something else. We weren't looking to install any annuals in that buffer area at all. Again, there is no irrigation there. So, anything we would do, we would have to create an irrigation zone that would go ahead and take care of the annuals as well. Annuals are typically on a separate irrigation schedule, because you don't want to ruin your sod to irrigate annuals. It only needs about five minutes, but you have to run a 20 minute zone. Yeah, we can go back to REW and we can look at this a little closer.

Mr. Jaisingh: I was only saying annuals, because the other three corners have that front part where they put annuals.

Mr. Scheerer: No. She only has one monument on her side, which has annuals and Arboricola Trinettes in the front and then in the back, you have the big Viburnum hedge. That's all they have.

Mr. Soukup: Her side doesn't have a monument.

Mr. Scheerer: Across the street, you have an old Wax Myrtle hedge, which we would never put back in. So, we want to do something Viburnum-wise or a different plant that grows a little better. Like I said, we would remove the Oak trees and then maybe intertwine it and do a couple of rows. We could look at that as well, do it on both sides, but not put any Magnolias. She really wanted some color there, so we tried to give her something that would provide color.

Ms. Zaresk: I'm not real sold on Magnolias. First of all, they don't bloom that often and second of all, they do get messy, not to the point that it's going to hurt her roof.

Mr. Jaisingh: Right. I'm worried that she's going to complain.

Ms. Zaresk: Yeah. So, I would support going back and saying we can't do it.

Mr. Showe: Yeah. I think the intent of tonight was really to get you some feedback, kind of look at maybe the highest level we would ever go and then scale it back according to the Board's wants and desires.

Mr. Scheerer: So, no Ligustrums, no Crepe Myrtles and no Magnolias.

Ms. Zaresk: Yeah.

Mr. Mehrlich: When the guy put this together, is he thinking this is kind of a way that he would transition the entire neighborhood as time went on?

Mr. Scheerer: Well, I don't think we're going to look to do something this detailed in that buffer, because we don't have, to my knowledge, a buffer like this anywhere else.

Mr. Mehrlich: Right.

Mr. Scheerer: Everything else is monumentation, except for across the street and where the utility boxes are. I don't remember if it's Westmoreland or Harwood, but there are a bunch of utility boxes for the phone company and cable company that sit back there. All they have in front of them are just some old Wax Myrtle trees. There's nothing really fancy there, but a majority of your landscaping here is slow ground cover in front of the monument, annuals in front of that and then the big Viburnum hedges in the back. There's really nothing too detailed.

Mr. Jaisingh: Let's try to match what we have.

Mr. Scheerer: Okay.

Mr. Mehrlich: We have Crepe Myrtles throughout.

Mr. Scheerer: Yeah, we have Crepe Myrtles. They bloom periodically. The pink Muhly Grass is a beautiful plant. It's kind of a brownish plant. They also have purple Fountain Grass. Out front and by the pool are the pink Muhly Grass and they only bloom one time a year.

Mr. Jaisingh: The simplest one is the best one. There are too many cooks in the kitchen with this issue.

Mr. Scheerer: Okay.

Mr. Jaisingh: We're going to have other issues coming down the road. Somebody's going to find an issue with the flowers blooming on our lawn and we're going to have other issues.

Mr. Soukup: Well, people are going to say, *"I want this in front of our neighborhood. Why don't we get all that stuff?"*

Mr. Jaisingh: Right.

Mr. Soukup: Harwood's got next to nothing out there in front of those two monuments. It's pretty bare.

Mr. Scheerer: It won't be for long, hopefully.

Mr. Brown: This can't be too high and too thick or it's going to become another red restroom.

Mr. Soukup: Yeah.

Mr. Scheerer: Well, it only goes one way. There's no place for you to hide there. If you're going to do it on our side of the street, you're going to see it.

Mr. Brown: So, they someone won't be able to get inside of it like they did the other stuff?

Mr. Scheerer: No. Now, the one that lady was talking about on Strathmore, there's a giant hedge there, but the problem is its blocking the hedge.

Mr. Soukup: Absolutely.

Mr. Scheerer: Our electric meter is in there for the monument lights as well as the irrigation wires. So, this lady is thinking that somebody's going in there and going to bathroom. Our guys go in there because they have to turn the irrigation on. I go in there to operate the photo cell, so we can test lights and stuff like that.

Mr. Brown: I've seen people taking a whiz.

Mr. Soukup: Golfers can go in from the backside in that one corner.

Mr. Scheerer: Oh, really?

Mr. Brown: Yeah. They would pull up and then they would go into those bushes.

Mr. Soukup: They go back around that way.

Mr. Scheerer: No.

Mr. Brown: Because when all this started, I thought that was one of her complaints.

Mr. Scheerer: No, her complaint was initially the Cypress Trees and the Cypress Knees, which were removed. This Board approved money to remove the Cypress Trees, shave down the Cypress Knees and resod that area between her house and that area. This Board did that. Then she came to the meeting and thanked us for all the hard work, but about three months later, it's like, "*Oh, I don't like this now.*"

Mr. Jaisingh: There are too many cooks in the kitchen at this point and it opened up pandoras box right after other people got involved. It's going to cost us down the road, so we should do it right.

Mr. Scheerer: I got my instructions and we'll take care of it.

Mr. Mehrlich: Yeah, but we're looking to keep the bushes and the look of the neighborhood looking nice and modern. It doesn't look good now.

Mr. Jaisingh: Initially when I came on this Board, I spoke about the aesthetic looks of this community. We talked about the trees and shrubs that died and were never replaced. There was no discussion about having it in the budget to replace it when something dies. You just cut and remove it. So, I think going further into the future, we need to figure out how we can start replacing, because as you go through the community, there are voids with the shrubberies.

Mr. Scheerer: We've spoken about that over the past six to eight months. I mean, we're already talking about budgets for next year, Jason and myself, and what we're looking for is how much money we want to allocate. We talked initially, Tim, about taking the \$25,000 that the Board allotted for tree trimming, since we're done with that and adding to that and putting that in an enhancement program for 2025, 2026 and 2027. We can put as much money in that budget as you want, but understand that assessment is going up next year. What we tried to do in the past, in working with this Board and with staff, is to try to do as much as we could without raising the assessment. But it's come to that time, as you have 30- to 35-year-old landscaping. All of the hedges are starting to go and all of the stuff is getting mature. Pete was probably here from day

one and he can speak to that. We understand it. I don't like the look, you don't like the look and we're going to do everything we can to get it straightened out. It's just how much you want to invest in it.

Mr. Soukup: We appreciate that.

Mr. Scheerer: On top of everything else, where do you want your assessment to be?

Mr. Soukup: Right.

Mr. Scheerer: Because we're going to need a bigger room.

Mr. Showe: Yeah, we're going to have to be on the golf course.

Mr. Mehrlich: This should look like a Master Plan for the entire community.

Mr. Scheerer: Well, we didn't do a Master Plan for the entire community because this wasn't initially part of that look.

Mr. Mehrlich: When we get more of a Master Plan, this could be factored into that so that it's similar.

Mr. Scheerer: We were just trying to address the concerns of the resident and a couple of the folks that showed up to the meeting voicing concerns on her behalf. That's what we were trying to do right now. Tim and I have talked before and I know, David had mentioned removing trees and not replacing trees. We have a \$10,000 landscape contingency budget. It is \$20,000 for this one spot.

Mr. Mehrlich: Is that a lot?

Mr. Scheerer: No, it's minimal. Most of my landscape contingencies average between \$25,000 and \$65,000.

Mr. Mehrlich: Well, not the contingency, but this thing right here.

Mr. Soukup: This project specifically.

Mr. Scheerer: It's a very expensive project for the area that it's in.

Mr. Showe: Correct.

Mr. Scheerer: I would have no problem coming to the Board and say, "*We need to do this at Hawks Nest or Harwood or Westmoreland or wherever.*"

Mr. Mehrlich: Right.

Mr. Scheerer: If that's the look we want. But I agree with Tim and I'm working with REW now, to try to come up with a landscape plan for the entire community. So, we can present it to you. You can look at it and pick and choose what you want to do, but there are so many options



when you're pulling out what's here, what do you want to put back? Because as much as you want to put back, is going to add to your assessment.

Mr. Mehrlich: Even at my house, I'm thinking of pulling all of my stuff out. You can put back the exact same thing, but I'm going back in with young stuff.

Mr. Scheerer: Right. We can go back in with the exact same stuff.

Mr. Showe: But again, if you take this area and consider that's a \$20,000 proposal and then you start doing that, if we want to do that at every monument throughout, you're looking at \$20,000 in assessments.

Mr. Jaisingh: Well, all in all, the idea is not to hit these as individual projects, but to gradually hit them. Not all of the plants need to be removed.

Mr. Scheerer: That's correct.

Mr. Jaisingh: There are some that can blend with those that we can put in. There are other plants that can coexist and blend with others that we can try to work into it, so that there are no voids anywhere.

Mr. Scheerer: Well, Gleneagles and Windsor Park, I think, is a good example of what we did a couple of years back, to enhance those entrances. We did that within the confines of our budget with Dwarf Ixora, the beautiful little red flower that blooms near year-round. It's a beautiful plant. If you look at those two entrances, I think they're probably, right now, two of your nicer community entrances, but they also don't have the 20-foot-tall heads on the backside. So, if we want to emulate something like that or if a Board Member wants to have a liaison for this project, we can have somebody appointed. I'm not trying to put it on you, but to have input from you other than once a month at a Board meeting. This is something we can start working on as soon as we get past Christmas and New Year's, because we're gearing up. Like I said, you meet in April to adopt your Proposed Budget for 2025. So, it's going to be January to March, April, for us to come up with a plan, put some numbers on it and then somebody say, "*Yeah, we like that look.*"

Mr. Mehrlich: I think it's important to keep this place looking nice.

Mr. Showe: We agree.

Mr. Scheerer: This place looks amazing. You have the greenest grass as any of my properties, but you have a lot of wall space. You have all these hedges and all these Ligustrum trees. All the hedges are starting to go because they are so old. The Ligustrum trees are starting to

stress a little bit. So, it's just a matter of do we do all the walls right now? I'd like to start at the neighborhood entrances.

Mr. Soukup: Yeah I agree.

Mr. Scheerer: Particularly Lakeshore and Partin Settlement, once we figure out what we're going to have at that end. Then we can start at the community entrances and then maybe save the walls for last, because you have so much brick wall space here. I'm not even talking Knightsbridge right now. I'm talking about a mile and a half of Remington Boulevard. But I'll take suggestions back, if the Board's okay with that and we'll come up with some other options for this. Hopefully it's something that's viable. I haven't run anything by Ms. Patrick, by any means. I brought it to this Board first and Jason, so we could discuss it with you and get direction from you folks. I'll be happy to do that. I've got my notes. We'll remove all the trees and come up with a multi-tiered hedge plan with no animals.

Mr. Soukup: Sounds good.

Mr. Scheerer: Like I said, about \$4,000 of that will be the removal of just the Oak trees.

Mr. Showe: Yes.

Mr. Brown: Do you all know if there's money out there other than what we have? Are there grants or anything we could try and get for landscape enhancement?

Mr. Showe: We can look, but typically, CDDs aren't qualified for those. We've looked at some for other communities and typically when you look for grants, it's for organizations that don't have a revenue source. As soon as you collect ad valorem revenue, typically CDDs don't qualify for the grants that we've seen.

Mr. Brown: Okay.

Mr. Showe: But certainly, if you run across anything and you want us to take a look at it, shoot it our way and we'll definitely look for it. We're looking for those opportunities, but they're hard to find for governmental organizations that are structured like this. Typically, HOAs are more in a position to go for those and we'd certainly be willing, if the HOA would apply for them, to come up with some agreement where the CDD would help partner with them or provide them the space to enhance it. There may be some opportunities there, but for most of the things I've seen, CDDs aren't eligible for a lot of the grants that are out there.

Mr. Brown: Okay.

**SEVENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS**

**Staff Reports**

**A. Attorney**

Mr. Soukup: That brings us to Staff Reports. Scott?

Mr. Clark: I have three items that I wanted to update on. First of all, the Partin Road settlement money from the county, is all in, as of today. The checks are on its way to the District Manager's office. That was the \$88,000 that was already in there and then about another \$26,000 in total, for cost and fee reimbursement and for the rest of the damage award. So, Jason, that's on its way to you to put in the bank.

Mr. Showe: Okay.

Mr. Clark: Then the Board can decide what it wants to do with the money. Secondly, at the last meeting, the Board asked me to reach out to Osceola County regarding the electric meter that was destroyed at the E. Lakeshore Boulevard entrance. I wrote a letter to them and yesterday I received a response from the county's risk management consultant, basically asking me for proof that it was their contractor that did it. I'd been furnished with some pictures by staff. So basically, I sent the pictures and said, *"If you look at the pictures, it was there before the project and it wasn't there after the project. So, we're pretty sure that your contractor had something to do with it."* So, they're looking at that. Probably, I'll have more of a formal response from them between now and the January meeting. So, I'll stay on it and I'll let you know what happens. Thirdly, and I will elaborate on this with some documents and a memo in your January agenda, but the legislature in 2023 enacted some laws pertaining to ethics. One of them affects you directly and one of them does not, but I received a lot of questions about it. First of all, all Special District Board members will be required next year to undergo training in the areas of ethics, Sunshine Law and public records. You'll have to take four hours of training every year, which starts on January 1<sup>st</sup>. It suggests in the Statute that you have all year to do it, but your reporting requirement is when you file your Form 1 by July 1<sup>st</sup>. There's not really another way to report, so I'm suggesting trying to get it done by July 1<sup>st</sup>. In the memo that I'll present in January, I've identified some different sources of the training. What I'm also going to present, is a resolution of the Board authorizing the Board to reimburse Board Members for the cost of the training. The Statutes don't really address the reimbursement, but since you're required to do it, I think it's reasonable for the Board to adopt a Reimbursement Policy. One of the courses that I identified, has a cost of \$75, but some of the others look like they're going to be a little bit more than that. So, we'll work on a system and some recommended courses for you to do that. So, stay tuned and I'll have some more specifics in your

January agenda. One of the questions that's been posed to me by a couple of Supervisors in other Districts, is that they have heard there's a requirement that makes the financial disclosure process much more intrusive. You have to reveal a lot more. If that is true, it does not apply to Special District officers like yourself. It applied in the past to counties and constitutional officers like the Sheriffs, Property Appraisers, Tax Collectors and was amended to apply to city officials, Mayors, City Commissions and City Councils, but it does not apply to Special Districts. So, you will continue to file Form 1. What is changing next year is that the filing will become electronic as opposed to the paper filing that you've done in the past. With the materials that I present in January, there will be some instructions and links on the filing and how to go about that. So, that's coming. I'll elaborate some more when we talk at the January meeting. That's all that I have today, unless you have questions for me.

Mr. Brown: Do you know if the enhanced financials will apply to staff at the county? Here's the reason I asked, because I have to do one there also, but they only ever make me do one, the one I do here, because they count it for both. But I may have to do two if that one's going to be enhanced.

Mr. Clark: I have not looked at that specific question. My thought is that it does not apply to staff. There are particular named officers that it applies to and they didn't really change the county requirements. So, if you've not been required to do that before, this legislation did not change that for you as a county employee.

Mr. Brown: Okay. Thank you. Yeah, I just had to stay on my game if I had to do two of them.

Mr. Showe: Correct.

Mr. Clark: The other one is really intrusive. It's filed on Form 6, which is different from Form 1. I've heard a lot, from particularly small City Mayors and Board Members who figured that they're going to resign their offices rather than comply with the filing, because it really is kind of a big deal. But the good news is it doesn't apply to you.

Mr. Soukup: Got it. Okay. Any other questions? Hearing none,

**B. Engineer**

Mr. Soukup: That brings us to the District Engineer. Pete?

Mr. Glasscock: I don't have anything. You wanted me to get prices to potentially replace some of the curb. I have not heard anything back and I really don't expect anything back before the first of the year. So hopefully I will have something back for the next meeting.

Mr. Showe: Perfect.

Mr. Soukup: Thank you.

Mr. Jaisingh: I have a question. What is going on with the potholes? Are they going to fill them in?

Mr. Scheerer: It's not really potholes as much as it is that the asphalt separated all the way down at the entrance due to the amount of traffic. So, it's not as simple as a guy coming out there with a bag of coal patch and fill a hole. Somebody is going to have to come up with a plan to resurface that area in some way, shape or form. The entrance coming in, coming in by the gate, if you come in just past the school, you will see a lot of that asphalt is separating. I will fill whatever pothole we have, but when you're dealing with something like that, I think it's a little more entailed than my guys can handle.

Mr. Jaisingh: We talked about this last month as well. We kicked the can down to the curve for a while, but you are nearing the end of that cycle, especially Remington Boulevard, just more than anything else. We can get patches or we can start looking at doing the next resurfacing of it.

**C. District Manager's Report**

**i. Approval of Check Register**

Mr. Soukup: Okay. That brings us to the District Manager's Report.

Mr. Showe: Sure. The first item we have is the approval of your Check Register. In your General Fund, we have Checks #7183 through #7199 for \$80,232.30. We also have Capital Project Checks #124 and #125 for \$67,359.52, for a grand total of \$147,591.82. Alan and I can answer any questions on those invoices.

Mr. Soukup: Is there any question on the Check Register? If not, we need a motion for approval.

On MOTION by Mr. Jaisingh seconded by Mr. Brown with all in favor the November 18, 2023 through December 11, 2023 Check Register in the amount of \$147,591.82 was approved.

**ii. Balance Sheet and Income Statement**

Mr. Showe: Behind that, is your Balance Sheet and Income Statement. No action is required by the Board. We will note that you are doing better than budget to actuals, so we're in good shape on that. We've started to get a little bit of assessments in at 12%, but we'll obviously expect to see some much more of that next month.

**iii. Presentation of OCSO Reports**

Mr. Showe: Behind that, we have your Osceola County Sheriff's Office Reports.

**D. Field Manager's Report**

Mr. Showe: We will have Alan go through his Field Manager's Report.

Mr. Scheerer: It was a short month between the two meetings. The Amenity Center is in good shape. The two doors to the amenity have been replaced, the one out to the pool on this side and the one that was damaged out here towards kiddie pool. Those are all in and complete. The Fitness Center is in good shape. The swimming pool is in good shape. We did some service on the handicapped lift. I think the battery wasn't working properly and the remote wasn't working. That's been taken care of. The gatehouses are all in good shape again. We go there every week and check the gates, the cameras and A/C filters. I did receive a text from Leona about a gate arm being knocked off over the weekend on the Lakeshore entrance. That gate arm was replaced today by ACT. I'll be here on Thursday to go through all of the footage and see if I can find the person responsible for the damage. If we can, we'll see what we can do to go after them for the repair. All of the ponds are being treated according to the contract. The landscaping is in good shape, other than what we talked about with the declining shrubs. The place is looking pretty good. The grass is amazing. We discussed at the last meeting that the next mulch cycle will be Brown Cypress. We'll no longer use the pine bark or the pine straw, so that will be the last of that. The fitness equipment is in good shape. REW, after the first year, will come in and continue more contract tree trimming for the CDD. Pressure washing in the community is completed. I'm going to have them come back and look at Knightsbridge. I don't know what's going on there, but either we're getting a lot of people running over the grass or it's from all the rain we just received. It's leached onto that sidewalk. I'll see if they can't clean that back off. All of the common area curbs and sidewalks that we normally do, were pressure washed along with the Rec Center and both guardhouses. We talked about the power issue at Lakeshore, which Scott touched base on. One

side of the lights at Harwood are still not working. I have another company coming out to take a look at it. I just want to make sure that we received a competitive price on that, because it's about \$3,500 to directional bore again. I went through it myself last Friday and couldn't pick up any power anyway, but I don't have the ground penetrating radar that these guys do. I know that when Matt was here from the HOA, Mr. Joe Zarcowski had asked me about doing the sidewalk panels down in Water's Edge. Just so you know, we did about 20 panels in that area. So, all those panels are complete. I just wanted to make sure that the Board was aware of that because it sounded like Joe had just told him, but the work had already been done.

Mr. Soukup: Got you.

Mr. Scheerer: We purchased some flags for stock and added two new flags by the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm trying to keep up on the flag poles as well. I can answer any questions you all might have.

Mr. Jaisingh: I have one. When they pressure wash the sidewalk, are they supposed to pressure wash those walls as well?

Mr. Scheerer: No. The walls are separate. We're going to come in and do the walls and the fencing. They just did the sidewalks and curbs in the buildings for right now.

Mr. Jaisingh: Okay.

Mr. Scheerer: But we do have periodic pressure washing of the brick walls and especially the white PVC fence on the ballfield and across the street on the big pond by the school.

Mr. Jaisingh: I'm noticing algae on the walls.

Mr. Scheerer: Yeah, we'll get them added.

Mr. Jaisingh: Okay.

Mr. Brown: When those guys come out and do a bore, they put in a conduit, don't they?

Mr. Scheerer: Yeah.

Mr. Brown: Do we have any idea where that conduit is so that they have to do another bore?

Mr. Scheerer: Yeah.

Mr. Brown: Because it seems like you just pull it through the existing conduit.

Mr. Scheerer: Well, if they pull the conduit out when they did the sub base, they have to do another bore.

Mr. Brown: Okay.

Mr. Scheerer: Not to elaborate much more on it, but if you're going to come here and put in a trail like this and you got this skid steer out there and it's digging up all the soil and all the subbase, Pete, correct me if I'm wrong, they're digging all of this stuff up and have to deenergize whatever is in that place. Now, there's a transformer that was identified in the email from Terry's Electric about 300 feet down towards the maintenance gate to the golf course. I am going out on an assumption that that's where the power was tapped from. I would imagine that might be where the power was tapped from for the OUC lights. I have no firsthand knowledge of this, but all I know is that when Terry's came out and they tied into the circuit, the circuit stopped at the asphalt trail. But I would imagine they've done what many contractors do. They just come in here and excavate, deactivate, deenergize and excavate. They never notified us. They never said anything. Because we could have very easily put a sleeve under the ground and then re-ran it directly to where it came from or the junction box that's identified in the photos that was ripped out of the ground. Okay. So, we could have done that very easily and the cost would have been minimal, but there's nothing.

Mr. Brown: So maybe I misunderstood what you said, because I thought you said the left side of Hardwood.

Mr. Scheerer: Oh, yeah, the Harwood one. I thought you were talking about this entrance down here. No, we don't know.

Mr. Brown: You said there was a directional bore there.

Mr. Scheerer: There's a directional bore at Hardwood and a directional bore that we need at the Lakeshore gate.

Mr. Brown: Yeah, the one at Hardwood was the one I was thinking of.

Mr. Scheerer: I can't tell you if there's a sleeve there or not. I got some people that use direct bury cable. I don't know, Pete, the landscape lights at the monument. I tested the power with my minimal skills. There's no power at either one of those lights. I checked them at the entry side on the right. It's the exit side coming out of Harwood that doesn't have any. I'm sorry, I was misunderstanding. I thought you were back to Lakeshore.

Mr. Brown: I was sitting here thinking I must be losing my mind.

Mr. Scheerer: No. I think I'm losing my mind.



**EIGHTH ORDER OF BUSINESS**

**Supervisor's Requests**

Mr. Soukup: That brings us to Supervisor's Requests. Mr. Jaisingh?

Mr. Jaisingh: No.

Mr. Soukup: Mr. Mehrlich?

Mr. Mehrlich: No. I'm good.

Mr. Soukup: Ms. Zaresk?

Ms. Zaresk: Merry Christmas to everybody.

Mr. Soukup: Mr. Brown?

Mr. Brown: The place looks good. I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Mr. Scheerer: See you next year.

**NINTH ORDER OF BUSINESS**

**Next Meeting Date – January 23, 2024**

Mr. Soukup: With that, our next meeting is set for January 23<sup>rd</sup>.

**TENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS**

**Adjournment**

Mr. Soukup adjourned the meeting.



---

Secretary/Assistant Secretary



---

Chairman/Vice Chairman